As temperatures fall in autumn, your lawn begins to slowly wake up from dormancy. It’ll finally turn green again and grow at a normal pace (which means more mowing!) due to ideal environmental conditions – wetter weather and cooler temperatures.
Because of this, it’s the perfect time of year to apply our Autumn Fertilizing. This fertilizing will accomplish the following:
- Resupply Your Lawn With Nutrients: These nutrients will help it grow strong and healthy in the fall and prepare it for the harsh winter ahead.
- Refill Your Lawn’s Carbohydrate Reservees: Your turf naturally uses up these reserves. By the end of the summer, these sort of storage containers can often become depleted, making it necessary to replenish the turf once again.
Along with our fertilizer application, it’s critical you also take the correct cultural approaches. Here are a few you should consider:
- Aerate: This is the ideal time of year to aerate your lawn. Aerating creates small holes in the ground which allows air, nutrients and water to penetrate deep into the soil. This promotes root and shoot growth.
- Seeding: Turf loves to grow in cool, wet weather, and autumn is the most practical point in the season to thicken up your turf. Late summer to early fall is the best time of year to seed.
- Watering: Continue to water as you normally would (at least 1 inch of water per week).
We service parts of Norfolk and Bristol County, Massachusetts. Towns include: Foxborough, Mansfield, Wrentham, Walpole, Plainville, Franklin, Norfolk, Stoughton, Sharon, Canton, North Attleborough, Attleborough, Easton and Norton, and parts of Medfield, Medway & Millis. Learn more about our Complete Lawn Care program.